Church of All Saints’ Baschurch,
Policy on the Safeguarding of Adults in the Church
This statement of policy was adopted by All Saints’ Church, Baschurch, at a Parochial Church Council meeting held on 5th July 2017
This policy will be reviewed annually.
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. We commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. We commit ourselves to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
8. The church is committed to developing our understanding as new issues immerge eg modern slavery. We well support, resource, train and regularly review those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The church adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and Lichfield Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Angela Price to represent the concerns and views of vulnerable adults at our meetings and to outside bodies.
Incumbent: Linda Cox
Churchwarden: Martyn Lake
Date: Reviewed and updated 04/07/2018